Friday, May 23, 2008

Scared to death!

Here's one for all the mom's out there and for my journal. Yesterday, my mother in law brought over dinner for my bday. We set the table and Damon left to pick up Brooklyn just around the corner and left the garage door open. Margaret said "Where's Owen?" I said I don't know. We looked and immediatly found him looking at the computer. We both went back into the kitchen and continued with dinner plans. When Damon was back and everything was ready we yelled for the kids. Everyone came except Owen. We called and looked. Slowly we started getting panicked. Where could he be? We checked the pool and after 10 minutes. I called 911. Franticly searching, screaming and crying and saying I don't understand he has to be here. Oh I forgot it was pooring rain and thundering and lighting outside. I just knew he wouldn't walk out in that but the garage door was open so we weren't sure. We had all the neighbors looking and I checked the pool at least 5 times with the 911 lady on line with me the whole time. I've never felt more scared and so hopeless. After about 15 minutes which seemed like forever, Mason said I hear him. He coughed. I rolled my eyes and then Ethan said I heard it to mom. He then popped up from under Brooklyn's round chair which has fabric on top of it and I wouldv'e never thought to look under it. I must have went into her room 5 times and yelled Owen. We all ran in there, I'm still on with 911 and Brooklyn says He was pooping mom. I couldn't believe it. Shaky and crying I grabbed him and couldn't have been more thankful for that little poop. The 911 lady just kindof laughed and said are you sure he's ok. I said yes. The police showed up right after I changed the imfamous poop. Now it's funny but it wasn't at the time. Another story down in the books and a birthday I'll never forget. Oh the stories mom's get to tell! I swear my kids are going to give me a heart attack someday but I love them to pieces.

4 comments:

{jennifer} said...

How so so scary for you guys! It is good you can laugh at it now. Next time you will have to yell for Owen and smell for him too:) Not a great B-day present!

Tiffany said...

oh my, my heart is pounding just thinking about it!

Kimberly and Jason Enlow said...

My heart is racing!!! I can't imagine the fear you must have felt.. You know the saying "You scared the poop out of me" will take on new meaning for you!

Rachael said...

I couldn't imagine how scared you must have been! I always say to Eli,"Eli say hi" so I know where he is in the house. It is so funny when he doesn't want to b/c he will say, 'no'. So I still know where he is.